Friday, December 28, 2012

Hippity Hoppity

Since becoming vegan, I have really wanted to have a pet. I just feel like it will connect me even more to the cause and remind me how precious animals are. Plus my fiancee is not passionate about animal rights, and I feel like maybe him having an animal around might help. As we live in a tiny apartment and money is scarce- I knew a dog was out of the questions. My fiancee and I both have cat allergies- so a no. Plus our apartment has an enormous deposit and pet rent for cats and dogs. I decided to go look at the The Oregon Human Society's website and do a little daydreaming anyway. That's when I noticed their small animal adoption section. I immediately fell in love with their rabbits listed for adoption for only $35. I had several rabbits as a child and have always loved them. They don't bark, stink, and are so calm (so they'd be great for my son too!). I was sold, but how to convince my non-animal loving fiancee. I checked with the apartments- no fee or rent for a rabbit! Right away I began flooding my fiancee's inbox with links from the humane society's website for adoptable bunnies. He was not amused or convinced. He is however a big supporter of my getting back to a healthy weight. He sat down and we made a list of weight loss goals - with the bunny being at my target weight- which I have to figure out what that might be. Here is my list so far.

Weight 12/12/12 188 lbs Target- 130lbs Lose- 58lbs

178 Lose 10lbs Get a faux fox tail & ears
168 Lose 20lbs - Get ears stretched to size 2
158 Lose 30lbs- Cute piece of vegan themed jewelry
148 Lose 40lbs- Get ears stretched to size 0
138 Lose 50lbs- Buy bunny necessities
130 Lose 58lbs- BUNNY!<3

 Ok bunny! Here I come! BUNNY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment