Friday, December 28, 2012

Updates from the kitchen

This about sums up my cooking abilities! If it's not on fire or I'm not somehow burned it's a miracle! Despite my shortcomings in the kitchen, I have really enjoyed the adventure of cooking again. I made some fabulous kale using the recipe from my  "Only kale can save us now" post. It turned out so good that my fiancee requested I make more on the spot- but we were out of kale. He promptly ran to the store today and announced I was to make again tonight. I AM THRILLED! He doesn't like veggies so it was a big deal - and what better veggie for him to love than kale!

My next attempt will be to cook the 2 beautiful squash my brother sent home with me on Christmas Eve.

I got some great ideas from people on All Vegan Are Hippies? Fuck You! and can't wait to cook these beauties up. I'm thinking I might try to make an orange infused quinoa to fill it with. Fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment