Thursday, December 13, 2012

Vegan Parenting

Being as we have a child, the vegan lifestyle I've chosen seems so much more controversial. My fiancee and I discussed it and as our son is only 8 he feels that he still needs meat and dairy to grow. I reminded him of the negative effects of dairy, but he remained firm. I understand where he's coming from, but every fiber of my being was screaming that it was wrong. How was this going to work? I wasn't going to be the one to buy the meat. What kind of person or parent would I be if I didn't impart my beliefs to my child? On the other hand I know that being vegan is something you have to choose for yourself in order to make it a life long commitment. So for now, he can eat what he likes. We are still excited to expose him to new foods and set a better example of eating healthier food. That's a good start and compromise I can live with for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment